Virgin Galactic, www.VirginGalactic.com (SPCE:NYSE), recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet, like in making better use of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about human ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than divides us.
“We are at the vanguard of a new industry determined to pioneer twenty-first century spacecraft, which will open space to everybody — and change the world for good.” Sir Richard Branson, Founder, Virgin Galactic
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen - apply today!
As the Talent Acquisition Partner, you will be responsible for engaging in direct and indirect recruiting strategies to increase company exposure, branding, and reputation. In addition, we need you to conduct deep internet mining for passive candidates and make sound judgments on talent and exercise discretion in making independent decisions. As our Technical Recruiter you will be responsible for sourcing, identifying, qualifying, interviewing, and presenting candidates to hiring managers. You will also be responsible for recruiting at all levels of talent spanning multiple skills, with strong focus on professional and exempt level positions. You will work independently on multiple projects with a strong ability to effectively prioritize and produce results within set timelines.
• Work with hiring managers to accurately define position duties and requirements, developing clear job descriptions and effective job postings. Identify likely ways to effectively source candidates for difficult to fill positions.
• Aggressively recruit well-qualified applicants from a variety of sources including cold calling, sourcing from various Job Boards, User Groups, networking, electronic advertising and occasional career fairs. Assist hiring managers to identify and implement effective pre-screening techniques for each position. As appropriate, coordinate phone interviews, testing, practical assessments, on-site interviews and any required travel.
• Conduct in-depth telephone assessments of candidates using comprehensive behavioural interviewing and work history reviews
• Lead interviewer debrief sessions and provide recommendations on hiring.
• Sell the company’s value proposition to candidates and successfully negotiate offers and relocation packages.
• Support relocation, on-boarding and post-hire follow-up for new hires, including developing effective resources and materials.
• Identify, initiate and/or participate in various efforts to continuously improve the staffing life cycle.
• Participate in recruitment strategy sessions to discuss best practices in sourcing, recruiting tools, market trends and improve workflow efficiency.
• Generate recruitment activity reports and drive regular status meetings with hiring teams.
• A minimum of 2 years of heavy recruiting experience, ideally in aerospace, a start-up organization or a highly unique cultural environment.
• Possess an established track record of developing strong relationships with potential employees.
• Able to accurately vet technical resumes and conduct in depth technical interviews.
• Experience at providing consultative recommendations and influencing hiring teams.
• Fearless networker and cold caller with an understanding of how to build and track candidates.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and effective communication in formal and informal settings with senior executives, peers and candidates.
• Excellent negotiator with a confidence-inspiring manner, and a keen sense of determination and urgency. Have a strong customer focus when dealing with both hiring managers and candidates.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. teammates, as well as all newly hired employees.
As of October 1, 2021, all new hires must be able to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, ( “fully vaccinated” means at least two weeks have expired since receiving the vaccination’s last dose as recommended by the manufacturer) . If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.