Virgin Galactic, www.VirginGalactic.com (SPCE:NYSE), recognizes that the answers to many of the challenges we face in sustaining life on our beautiful but fragile planet, like in making better use of space. Sending people to space has not only expanded our understanding of science, but taught us amazing things about human ingenuity, physiology and psychology. From space, we are able to look with a new perspective both outward and back. From space, the borders that are fought over on Earth are arbitrary lines. From space, it is clear that there is much more that unites us than divides us.
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen - apply today!
The ideal candidate will have an extensive background in managing site inventories while ensuring material resources are consistent with production schedules and forecasts to support production continuity. Candidates should have a work history that demonstrates their ability to successfully work in an environment that requires exceptional attention to detail the ability to multi-task, have excellent computer skills, have good customer service skills, and have prior experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
• A positive and infectious attitude is a must. Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that align with VG’s vision and communicate them to the Production Control Team. Ensure that teammates meet performance expectations
• Monitor inventory levels, demand, production schedules, build plans, inventory transactions and rejected material
• Communicate forecasts and replenishment plans to the Supply Chain organization
• Coordinate inventory levels and controls to mitigate production impact risk with active safety stock planning, demand forecasts and open orders. Build contingency plans around risk.
• Set inventory levels and execution processes for success to support JIT Kanban environment
• Review Drawing Releases for accuracy
• Agile/Oracle part master creation for purchased items
• Drive process improvement for both current and future improvement to increase efficiencies
• Organize workflow to ensure that subordinates understand their duties or delegated tasks, while monitoring individual’s productivity. Provide constructive feedback and coaching when required
• Maintains safe and healthy work environment by enforcing VG standards, while adhering to legal and/or safety regulations and 5S methodologies
• Works directly with the department managers of the Project Management Team, Engineering Team, Quality Department, and Production Engineering Department to monitor design processes and address manufacturing requirements
• BA/BS degree or 7 years minimum planner/buyer experience.
• Manufacturing experience at a fast-growing organization; start-up experience, preferred.
• APICS (CPIM) or equivalent certification is preferred.
• Oracle or relevant ERP software experience.
• Knowledgeable of supplier processes and capabilities.
• Proven strategic ability while being hands on for long term strategic visions.
• Effective organizational skills in dealing with incoming, outgoing, & customer owned products.
• Able to successfully keep multiple tasks running simultaneously.
• Serve as a link between lateral teammates and upper management.
• Able to provide constructive feedback and creative solutions to problems.
• Aerospace experience preferred
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. teammates, as well as all newly hired employees.
As of October 1, 2021, all new hires must be able to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, ( “fully vaccinated” means at least two weeks have expired since receiving the vaccination’s last dose as recommended by the manufacturer) . If you are offered employment, this requirement must be met by your date of hire.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.