Virgin Galactic www.VirginGalactic.com is on track to become the world’s first privately funded commercial space line. It is dedicated to becoming a world leader in sub-orbital commercial space tourism with a longer term vision to develop other space technologies that have the potential to open space to significantly more people and users. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen - apply today!
Who You Are:
Virgin Galactic is seeking a first rate, highly qualified and motivated Cybersecurity Engineer as a key member of VG’s IT Department. The Cybersecurity Engineer will work in close coordination with the Infrastructure Team to ensure high levels of service/uptime to the enterprise. This position will be primarily responsible for the Security of Virgin Galactic’s technological infrastructure, i.e WAN, LAN Wireless; including all of VG’s corporate applications.
This role will be located in Las Cruces, New Mexico.
• Review security monitor logs from all systems (Firewall, Email, etc...), propose and mitigate any threats based on findings.
• Participate in architect, design, development, and implementation of any new application or service.
• Manage, maintain, design, configure, and document security schema, such as Encryption, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Anti-Virus / Host based or End Point solutions
• Conduct Vulnerability Assessments as required. Conduct Risk Assessments as required.
• Ensure system requirements are met in support of security requirements or certifications if applied.
• Developing and enforcing an integrated Technology Risk and Control Framework (NIST) across departments.
• Document network/cybersecurity changes and enhancements.
• Work together with Systems Administrator team on non-security related tasks, i.e assisting with projects, Office 365, Server builds, Network changes, etc…
• Other duties as assigned by management.
Good working knowledge in the following:
Preferred Skills and Experience
Physical and/or Additional Requirements
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by ITAR (22 CFR §120.15) or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
VG and the greater Virgin Organization has a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under commercial pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.