Virgin Galactic www.VirginGalactic.com is on track to become the world’s first privately funded commercial space line. It is dedicated to becoming a world leader in sub-orbital commercial space tourism with a longer term vision to develop other space technologies that have the potential to open space to significantly more people and users. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity that will ignite your passion for designing cool and innovative products, are exceptionally creative, are a great problem solver and can make things happen - apply today!
The SharePoint Administrator is responsible for monitoring, planning and implementing all new installations and upgrades. The candidate should be able to analyze, recommend and assist in Implementing SharePoint technologies to support opportunities that will benefit the entire Business Enterprise. This individual will also be responsible for maintenance and support of our critical SharePoint farms as well as identify and address training needs within the team. The SharePoint Administrator should possess the ability to work directly in a team environment with a business group to translate business requirements into reporting solutions and solving potentially complex problems
· Supports Intranet sites built on SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint 2016
· Manages system security, system patching and upgrades
· Deploys custom developed and third-party SharePoint solution packages
· Configures SharePoint services and settings
· Documents SharePoint configuration and architecture
· Manages site quotas and file size limits
· Reviews and monitoring usage reports
· Manages content databases and creating new ones as required
· Administers and maintains sites and sub-sites
· Manages security for sites and sub-sites
· Manages the site layout structure and content
· Provides SharePoint support to end users
· Provides Microsoft Project support to project leaders
*The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
The Virgin Galactic organization has a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door,” be a self-starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under commercial pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Virgin Galactic is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Virgin Galactic is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.